Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So do I ever develop a Crush?



I have been with my partner over 18 years. I also do sensual bodywork. I have no problem with keeping these parts of my life completely separate. Many times I have had problems with clients developing crushes on me and have had to deal with them, usually by having to dismiss them. So, do I ever develop crushes on clients? No.

Do I ever develop a crush at all? Well, nobody is perfect. The important thing is what you do about it, or not.

Case in point, in a current production I am doing I am working with a very nice gay man, short, hairy, muscular and super sweet. He is talented and intelligent and from what I have seen, I would bet he looks great naked. So yeah, I am crushing on him a little.

Now, if I were a different person, I could explore this and see what comes of it. I could flirt, I could be blunt and say “hey, you wanna grab drink and maybe we could fuck later.” I could stroke his ego, compliment his body, his talent and make a move – I know how to play the game. All of this would of course be feeding the crush, allowing it to grow.

So I do nothing. I chit chat with him as I would with any other actor, but no more, perhaps a bit less. I ignore my impulse and feelings towards him and let them fade away. They will fade away and already have a great deal.

So, the thing to remember if you develop a crush that may jeopardize your primary relationship, the best thing to do is just ignore it, it will go away.

No comments: