Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Topics of Conversation

Some client seem to have an incredible need to talk. Very rarely will they talk about sex or why they are seeing me (some do, and I appreciate it). No, most just seem to want to chat about anything, I suppose to feel closer to me. This is not a bad thing but be careful what kind of topics you bring up. I am working on your body, and need to remain focused. You would also do well not to piss me off.

True story: A client starts going off about Barack Obama and the thought of raising taxes on the wealthy. The client had been seeing me for a long time. He is extremely over weight, never tips and is very grabby in a not fun way so he already has some strikes against him, but he is a regular and they are our bread and butter. He has told me in the past that he was a teacher and that his wife works and that he has a daughter in college. Every time I have seen him, he was always dressed in old worn out clothes and drives a big ol’ beater of a car. Anyway, he has been going off on our “communist” president for a long time blaming him for the National Debt and the job market and the housing economy and harping on raising the taxes for the wealthy. My elbows have been digging a little deeper each time, not so much that he is a republican, couldn't care less about that, but that he had so many “facts” wrong and he was speaking with such hate. I finally speak up and say, you know, he’s not really raising taxes, just letting some tax break expire and it will only affect people making over $250,000 a year so it won’t affect you at all. He responds “I know, I make well over that, it will affect me plenty.” I had to bite my tongue so I didn't yell out AND YOU NEVER FUCKING TIP ME! He then told me with great pride how he got his college aged daughter on welfare so he wouldn't have to pay for her health insurance anymore because he pays taxes to cover other people’s welfare, why shouldn't he get the benefits! He also doesn't believe that gays should serve in the military (he is former Navy) and that they should not be allowed to change the definition of marriage and don’t need the same rights as real families. He of course is not gay. No. Just ask him. He is not even bi. He just asks to suck my cock once a month, has begged me for a year to fuck him and likes my entire fist up his ass. So now I am always busy when he calls. It’s been a couple of months but he still hasn't figured it out. Do I owe him the courtesy of being honest with him? Perhaps. But why get into an argument over politics for any reason.

So here is a quick list of topics that you should keep to yourself:

1. Politics
2. Religion
3. Your children/wife
4. My partner/family
5. Any question about my business other than “How’s business”
6. Other Clients
7. How much money I make
8. My sex life
 
9. Racist, sexist, homophobic comments

- Jack

1 comment:

pickles said...

Digging your blog a lot. Fascinating and so great to hear the masseur's side of the experience. Thanks.

For this jerk of a client- no. You owe him nothing. You don't even need to be 'busy'. Nor do you need to explain. You're boycotting his bad tipping, his tacky 'not-gayness' and you're obliged to zilch. You have the right to refuse service- and he definitely wants service.