Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Underwear...

Anonymous said...
can you talk about guys and their choice of underwear that you see. any correlation between orientation and the type of underwear? i like to wear thongs and I'm straight. have to hide it from my wife as she isn't too keen on them.


OK, I do see a lot of underwear in my job. What does it say about a guy? Well....
Let's start with the real purpose of underwear. It is a protective garment meant to keep your other garments from getting soiled with sweat or "other" stains. Later, some was designed to offer support to keep from flopping around or from "showing" your good through certain garments. Side note: in Wisconsin there is a law on the books that it is illegal for a man to show an erection through his clothing in public, so be careful in WI. Today there is also "enhancing" underwear to give a boost to what nature gave you.

Fashion follows function and a wide variety of styles, colors and prints have become popular in the last 50 years.

Now, in my practice I do take note of the underwear of my clients because it will say something about them. I have both sensual and non sensual clients and sometimes, with a new client, I will take stock of their underwear if I am unsure of what they are looking for. Some observations follow.

First, the more money one spends on their underwear is usually related to how sensual they are as people. They wear undergarments to bring attention to their genitals and butts. They usually like to wear undergarments that make them feel good there as well. Gay men in general spend more money on their underwear than straight men.

Younger men tend to wear longer undergarments like boxers and boxer briefs. Older men tend to wear briefs or smaller (though some much older men have only worn boxers in their entire lives).

Commando (no underwear) accounts for only about one out of every 30 clients. These are also the men who will start stripping the moment they enter the room.

Thongs are the least common of types of underwear I see. Most of the time a man who wears thongs has an underwear fetish and finds them sexy. This person usually likes to see others dressed similarly and often owns a large collection of underwear and is always interested in more.

Tightey Whiteys are usually only worn by straight men who may or may not be interested in an erotic massage but if they are, it is something that they are just recently getting into with guys.
Old white boxers tell me they are probably only looking for a regular massage (again, straight). Not saying that straight men don't wear any or all of the above.

Boxer Briefs are currently the most popular style that I see followed by fashion briefs in a variety of colors.

Men who are "coming out" later in life will often start buying more fashionable underwear.

I notice that a lot of men don't wear underwear that fits them. Older men tend to buy underwear too small and younger men to wear underwear too large. Very old men tend to wear boxers that are too large.

I do have a couple of clients that are true underwear lovers that never wear the same underwear twice to see me. They will show up in thongs, jocks, mesh, leather, nylon, chain or whatever they love on that day. Occasionally I have been asked to wear special underwear (I only do this if I already own it or if they provide it) and even to wear the underwear that they had been wearing (I did this once) and then they wore it home again.

I do not understand the current fascination with the younger generation to wear their pants down below their butt and show some baggy boxers. I snicker every time I see it. They look silly! I am sure they feel sexy and someone somewhere must find them sexy but I still laugh. By the way, I personally do not know any gay men who do this, I am sure they are some somewhere.

Do I find underwear sexy? Sure, sometimes. More when I was younger than I do now. I usually wear boxer briefs myself since they are comfortable. Occasionally I will wear one of the more interesting pairs that I have a few of. Occasionally I like to go "Commando."

So, does wearing a thong make you gay or bisexual? No. Having a desire to have sex with other men makes you gay or bisexual. Wearing a thong is simply a sign that you are a sensual person.
Nothing wrong with that as far as I am concerned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your insight. great article and great writing all around for that matter. i do like the low rise, skimpy briefs. used to be a boxer brief guy but the brief / thong is so much more sexy.