Thursday, August 2, 2007

Nude massage. Yes? No? Maybe?

I had given and received massages in the nude before I started doing this for money, usually as an exchange with a fellow masseur. I have no problem with nudity in my personal life. It is not like I spend every possible moment of my life naked, but I have been known to occasionally frolic around the house in the nude, exercise at home nude, gone to the occasional nude gathering of men such as secluded nude picnics, nude hot tubs, nude Bed and Breakfasts, and even an occasional nude happy hour. Now while that may sound like a lot, I would venture to say that I may go to a nude event once every couple of months and time spent nude at home is maybe a few hours a week.

So when doing massage exchanges with other professionals, it is not uncommon that we would both be nude. It is in otherwise a very professional atmosphere. We work with a massage table, use out professional products, use all of our best skills to work sore muscles, our focus is on the therapeutic massage. Erections may come and go during the process and we usually do go ahead and massage the “not touch zone” but again, that is usually only about 90 seconds worth out of what is usually an exchange of 90 minute massages. No money is being exchanged, we are not having sex, it is just two guys trading professional massages in the buff. What could be more natural?

Of course I enjoy receiving a massage from a nude masseur. There is a nice connection felt when his bare leg touches my arm or hand as he works. Looking up from the table, it is often nicer to view a bare chest than a shirt flopping near your face. Even when the “no touch zone” is being worked on it is nice to touch the penis of the giver to make a complete connection of the erotic energy. I have often thought that all massages should be given in the nude, no matter what the giver looks like.

Giving massage in the nude is a little different, though it can still be enjoyable. For the most part in the professional exchange, there is very little difference. There is the issue of accidentally bumping into the receiver with an erection (sometimes an issue, sometimes not). There is the issue of not getting an erection when the receiver thinks you should. There is the issue of focus, giving a massage often takes a great deal of concentration on the part of the giver, this can be difficult if you have an erection wanting attention of it’s own. Then there is just the basic inconveniences of things flopping, occasionally cold floors, and god forbid if I start sweating.

All of this is leading back to my professional practice. In a manner very similar to be asked to perform a “release” on a client I was asked if I would do bodywork in the nude for extra money. My reaction was at first a bit of disbelief mixed with being flattered. I mean it doesn’t happen all that often that someone is willing to give you money just see you naked, well at least it hadn’t happened all that often to me. I then took my clothes off and said “It won’t cost you any extra.”

So now I occasionally do bodywork in the nude. Not with everyone by any means, I don’t even go to the “no touch zone” with everyone. There have been many times when I have regretted the decision to do a massage in the nude. A lot of guys thing that this means there will be sex. There won’t be. Often guys will want to skip the massage all together and go straight to the 90 seconds, which to me just seems silly. Many take this as invitation to grab and play with my body however they choose. Let me tell you that it is very difficult to give a massage to someone who is constantly trying to twist their body around so they can grab or suck your dick. So with each client I need to set up boundaries and the boundaries to very from client to client. If I have been working with a regular client for a number of years, odds are he is going to get different treatment than the guy off the street looking for a cheap hooker. There are some golden rules that I have for my own sake. I do not cum for clients, it is way to impractical to think that I could come for every client or every time a client wants me to, so I opt to never do it. I don’t use anything but my hands in the “no touch zone” this is bodywork after all. I don’t have intercourse of any kind with any of my clients, no matter how much I may want to. Again, it is impractical to think I could do that for everyone or even on demand, not to mention I have a partner who deserves the best of me. To be honest, I like it best when the client just lies there relaxing while I give him the best massage I can. A little mutual touch is fine as long as the focus remains on the client and it doesn’t impede me working on his body. There are those who argue that mutual touch is part of the therapeutic process, and I don’t argue with that, I would just need to charge a hell of a lot more it I am going to be used like that. That kind of work takes it toll on your energy. The way it is I can only take 3 clients a day to give each of them my best (not that I have three clients every day, this business is very fickle and there can be extremely slow periods).

There are also clients that I am so incredibly not attracted to that I will not get nude for. I know that sounds harsh, but let me tell you, there are some unclean and unhealthy people out there with dark places in their souls. There has to be some sort of connection somewhere for this to work, and while I can make some sort of connection with probably 80% of my clients, the other 20% may take some time for me to find something to connect to. Likewise I don’t do nude bodywork for a first time client. I don’t know them, who they are, what they want, if I can trust them. If they are referred to me by somebody I trust, I may be able to but it is still pretty unlikely.

Then there is the case that they might not like what they see when I am naked. It has happened only once that I recall. A young man on his second visit asked if I would consider doing a massage in the nude. I said alright and took off my clothes. Now, I don’t know if it is because he came really early on in the massage quite spontaneously or if he just didn’t like what he saw when he turned over but he asked that I not be nude the next time he wanted bodywork. Se La Vie!

Anyway, that is the long and short of my views of nude bodywork. - Jack

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello. I just came across your post and really like it. As a massage receiver, I have to confess I would really love to be able to touch the masseur's body, if he is ok with it and if he is not crazy looking. On the other hand, if he looks like he has problem with hygene, I wouldn't want to receive the massage from him in the first place. Coming back to the touching part, I don't anything about sexual energy. I just like the feeling of it in my hand or of it accidently touching my body. It feels nice and intimate. I would never ask the masseur to cum because it kinda just makes things....messy.

My only question is, how to ask to touch him? Given he is already ok with performing the massage in nude? I never want to be rude.

Jack said...

Hey Syd,
If the masseur is OK with being nude, he is probably OK with being touched.
While lying on the table, leave your hands near the edge of the table, odds are, if he is ok with being touched, his penis will graze your hands a couple of times.
Just remember, most masseurs I know feel the same way, they don't mind mutual touching as you have described, a gentle holding of the penis or occasional grazing, but when it interferes with the massage itself, then it is a problem. The goal is that the focus is on you, for your relaxation. If you are squirming all over the table to try to get a better grip on his penis or reaching around trying to stick a finger up his butt, this could cause some serious issues.
So if his penis grazes your hand, gently open your hand and gently hold his penis and ask "do you mind?" and he will tell you truthfully.
You should also know that most masseurs do not want to cum with their clients, it takes a lot out of them and hopefully they have more people to see after you leave.
Hope this helps.